Total Pageviews

Monday 16 July 2018

Justice Minister My Son was given an IPP sentence and is now signifantly over his tariff another knock on parole next year he won't last.God I will sue the parole board an everyone that comes in my way I want my son home alive I don't wish for him to be carried out in a wooden box as so many have because they see no other way out of there.


Carole Mcluckie

Dear Katherine

I've just been reading the report that you sent me regarding notes you brought with you to the parole hearing meeting. It states in their about prisoners being over their tariff as you know my son is 7 years over tariff and not long ago was knocked back for another 20 months how can this be right the other thing is about how many times they attend a parole hearing my son has had "5 hearings" an having been knocked back every time my argument is how they meant to prove themselves to be at a lower risk how can or how rthey meant to be able to do so without having any way or form of contact
from the public this can be so hard an so very frustrating for them and their families chris has “ALWAYS been a cat B since the day he walked into his 1st prison an and has never been able to move on from that category again it so frustrating for him an many others in his situation he has done the courses set on his sentence plan an others to keep his mind going he needs to be able to keep on top of things as he has ADHD an NEVER been medicated for it I myself have wrote or emailed almost every prison he has been in begging to help him an allow him to have the medication I have even in the past contacted England NHS an asked them to help me but where he resides in a prison the only thing they could do is to contact the health team an explain to them then hopefully get them to help him. Again it has fallen on deaf ears because he still hasn't been offered anything.
He was 21 years old an since he been there 12years how much more does he have to do to prove his NO risk to the public when there risk is 1% .He gets on with both prison staff and other prisoners ok
I think his a brave lad because if that was me in his place I wouldn't have gone on this far into a sentence like this I would have taken my own life many years ago so I am very proud of him for coming this far don't get me wrong hun he has tried a few times to take his own life and he has self-harmed in the past as well like “ALL IPP s
they have NO release date NO light at the end of their tunnel to look forwards to an they see it as much more than a punishment towards them they turn to drugs because that's the only thing that gets them through yet another day in the clink as they say Wots the point if living .will never get out  because of the government trial an error at the cost of out lads  my heart breaks when he says things like this to me an I'd say many mums who have heard these words from their own children being that of boys or girls no one wants to lay their children to rest not being able to smile hug or give kisses to again
I am in many groups on social media hun an I see so many mums out there now a days with so many broken hearts I try my best to comfort them I even give out my home number telling them this is where I will be if you ever want to talk to someone who has done this terrible journey for so many years and still to this day have NO idea when or even if my son will be home when I tell people my son is in prison as I have had to go see a councillor an spell my heart out to them I ALWAYS have to tell them what the IPP  sentence means because no one really knows the public look at IPPS as lifers an think we'll deserve to be locked up NO they don't most have been wrongly convicted wrong place wrong time I say the ones that have been proven to be in the wrong have spent their time 2,3 even 4 -8 times over their tariff so they never concentrate on getting them released the government still haven in a timely manner ? I know we have many IPPs still remain in prisons not even have the courses set for them in their sentence plans.
placed in hostels nowhere near their families no support network and no-one  consider those with mental health problems or those with ADHD ie cannot read so if they had to go somewhere for a meeting how are they meant to get there if they have no idea what bus would take them. As  for the protests I will always be there as long as I have breath in my body an blood running through my veins i don’t only do these protests for my son i do it to show i am there for “all IPPs sod everyone that don’t turn up i do take into consideration people with disabilities ana with children but i took my granddaughter to our last one and from there we had a visit with my son so i know it can be done i just hate it when people just don't turn up
Nick Hardwick has said when he was head of parole board that “all IPPs will be released by 2020 Are they saying this will still be the date? For those with tariffs that have a been spent and over their dates. God you know what hun I know that if my Chris gets another knock back on his next parole next year he won't last because he will take his own life. See if that happens I swear to god I will sue the parole board an everyone that comes in my way I want my son home alive I don't wish for him to be carried out in a wooden box as so many have because they see no other way out of there
I am for having my son home where he belongs his had to miss his 2 grandmothers and his uncles funerals he wasn't allowed to attend and  his last grandparent is coming up 91 in November if he makes it to then as he is in poor health has to ha e oxygen 24 hours a day now it's not fair to anyone in prison that loses anyone grandparents or not they r still family members and the prisoners r not allowed to pay their last respects to them yes please add to the blog , they need to know how it is to be a parent with 1 of their children in prison and so many years over their original tariff date my Chris was 17/4/2011
The pilot project was mentioned to help those who been turned down by the parole board more than 2 times but this is not it’s not rolled out in all prisons so who going to help my son. With all the problems as it stands now the CEO Martin jones needs to be honest and write to the Minister of justice for a policy change because these problems will take a serious number of years to sort out, Someone needs to make this right.

Carole Mcluckie
...............................................................................................................

The head of the Parole Board has warned that “radical” reforms unveiled following the John Worboys case could cause considerable delays, uncertainty and costs to the public purse.



Caroline Corby,

the interim chair of the body, said there was also a risk of “unfairness” and “unnecessary prolonged incarceration” of prisoners assessed as posing no risk of serious harm.

Ms Corby wrote to Justice Secretary David Gauke to set out the Parole Board’s response to Government proposals to introduce a new mechanism for challenging decisions to release criminals.
Sorry, this content isn't available on your device.
We are concerned that a single problematic and complex case has precipitated a radical reform which has the potential to cause considerable uncertainty, delay and cost to the public purse         


Caroline Corby,

Under the overhaul, which is currently subject to a consultation, directions on whether an offender should be freed could be queried and re-examined in a judge-led process.
Mr Gauke ordered a review of parole processes after the Board sparked outrage in January by ruling that sex attacker Worboys was safe to be freed after around a decade behind bars.
In her letter, Ms Corby said the Board “accepts that there is a case for the introduction of a new power to reconsider a case”.


John Worboys prison release
Justice Secretary David Gauke Credit: PA

She said:“We would see it as better described as an internal appeals mechanism.
However, we are concerned that a single problematic and complex case has precipitated a radical reform which has the potential to cause considerable uncertainty, delay and cost to the public purse.

“There is also the risk of unfairness and unnecessary prolonged incarceration of prisoners who have been assessed as not putting the public at risk of serious harm.”

In its response to the consultation, published alongside the letter, the Board said a new appeals process is  “highly likely” to result in the release of many prisoners being delayed for weeks or months longer than is necessary for the protection of the public.

This “creates a real litigation risk” and could lead to increased compensation payments to offenders, the document warned.
The Ministry of Justice’s consultation, published in April, said there were a range of options for who could apply to have a decision reconsidered.
One possibility is an “open approach” under which any individual who believes a decision satisfies the required threshold could trigger the process.

Another option would be to limit the scheme to parties in the case – typically the offender, Parole Board and Secretary of State. Victims could also be included although they are not a direct party to Parole Board proceedings.
The Board said it “strongly takes the view” that only the prisoner and Secretary of State should be permitted to apply for an internal appeal.

Under its model, victims would be able to raise a concern through the Justice Secretary’s office, who would then decide whether or not to take forward the challenge on their behalf.
The Board said: “We do not envisage or intend this to prevent victims and others from being able to initiate an appeal but there needs to be a filter to ensure that there is a proper legal basis for an appeal.”

Ms Corby

said she wants the Board to be “the best it can be, ensuring our decisions are """fair"""" and robust”.

She added: “We are committed to listening to victims and protecting the public by risk assessing prisoners and, when right to do so, releasing prisoners into the community.”


A Ministry of Justice spokeswoman said: “We are carrying out a full review of the Parole Board rules which will build on the work we have already done to increase transparency and ensure victims are supported.
“We will carefully consider all responses to the consultation and set out our next steps later this year.”


My question  how long, how many  more years ? when is it going to end? , we need a policy change along side reform?
Surely if the government are  unable to fix all the issues in "timely manner" then the prim minister or the Justice Minister should step in and do the right thing and hold his hands up, and  apply a policy change. We have gone through 4 ministers despite the issues getting  worse with  small changes.
Now  new pilot project though aits a good thing however It's a disgrace to continue  with more trial and errors at the cost of human life. These projects can be done along side a policy change so to put an end to IPP prisoners persecution and suffering.





http://www.itv.com/news/2018-07-13/parole-board-chair-issues-warning-on-radical-reform/








        

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.